Andrew's El

If you have discovered the magic of E or want to chat with those who have, this is the place!

Re: Andrew's El

Postby low_ef » July 2nd, 2013, 5:16 pm

Do you know why it broke?? Strange for it to just snap
low_ef

Postby EFXR6 » July 5th, 2013, 5:18 pm

I could be wrong, very wrong, but perhaps since you put the different cam in you may have had to increase the shim size or something between the rockers and the lifters? You did mention after you installed the new cam the lifters were making a noise and I have heard of snapping rocker arms due to incorrect shims.

Could be wrong, just a suggestion.

1995 EF Series I XR6
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35

1970 XW Project Ute
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=208
EFXR6

Postby EF-KID » July 5th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Ivwas advised that adding another standard shim iscwhat I needed to do :/ I think if I re fit it I won't fit any shims then ill see what the ticking is like... naybe I need a thinner shim
Image I'd rather push my Ford, than drive a Holden.
EF-KID

Postby EF-KID » July 22nd, 2013, 8:54 pm

So on the weekend I did a few things...
The first thing that I did was knock out the massive dint in my ef mont grill, then I put a little filler in and then sanded flat! I am really pleased with the out come considering I just used what I could find in the shed...

I also scored a decent ef ghia (I think) interior for a carton of xxxx bitters! They seem to have scrubbed up well! I have to restore the wood grain trimming though but that can wait!
This is before the clean... (flash was on)

these are after the clean and condition on the leather!
Image\
I have a real thing for leather car seats and I am so happy that I now have some!
I am also really happy to finally have a matching interior!!
She went from this
to this!
EF-KID

Postby EFXR6 » July 25th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Seen you car today man on my way back from Townsville, looked the goods sitting nice and low!

:)
EFXR6

Postby FTE 19 » July 27th, 2013, 12:31 am

low_ef wrote:Do you know why it broke?? Strange for it to just snap

How much lift does the new cam have , is it bottoming out the valve/valve spring/coil binding , was any of this checked before fitting the cam ?
What is a "TE50" you ask ....... "well" you know what a GT is - this was the prototype they used for making the GT - Ford took the TE50 and softened it up for the Sunday drivers and called it a "GT"... lol

Image Image Image
FTE 19

Postby EF-KID » July 29th, 2013, 7:28 am

Everything was checked before we started it.... It drove perfectly for 250km thent it died... all exahust valves hit the pistons and number 5 exuast valve snapped... I found it weird tgat it ran as well for so long! I also was not abusing it as I was letting it all bed in... I have now fitted the head off of my spare engine and reverted back to a stock cam and got that going good again.
EF-KID

Previous

Return to Vitamin E